Dr. Cynthia M. Lopez graduated from the University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center, School of Medicine in the Philippines, in 1982. Soon after, she began a family practice residency at the U.S Naval Hospital in Subic Bay, Philippines, where she focused on obstetrics and gynecology. After her training she returned to her hometown, a small rural community where many of her friends and relatives still lived. Determined to give back to the place where she grew up, Dr. Lopez set up a small clinic in her hometown and began to provide medical care for many of its inhabitants who normally could not afford it.
After three years she traveled to the United States and obtained a medical license after training at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, IL. While at Cook County she met Frank Lopez, another physician there, and whom she married. The couple moved to California and settled down in Fresno, California with plans of starting a family. Within a few years they had five children, four rowdy boys and a girl. At the same time, they built a family health clinic together and began seeing people from all walks of life. Dr. Cynthia soon began noticing that many of her patients struggled from diabetes and weight-related problems. At first, she remained helpless and frustrated about their medical conditions, not knowing how to reach out to help them with their struggles.
Then, in 1996, she set up her own clinic focusing on helping people lose weight safely and quickly by educating them on the dynamics of healthy living and eating habits. Dr. Cynthia impressed upon all her patients that there is no easy wait out in weight-loss, no "mysterious" pill that will solve their problems, and to be wary of false advertisements making such claims. Instead, she advocated the idea that the power to live a healthy lifestyle lay in the patient's hands and by working together on a realistic plan tailored specifically to them, they could achieve their goals.
Through the years Dr. Cynthia's name grew and people would drive from cities hours away to come seek her consultations. Yet, although she had already established a successful business, she began taking a special interest in cosmetic laser surgery and liposuction. Many of her patients had approached her inquiring if she provided these services and soon she began training* under many well known surgeons.
While training, Dr. Cynthia found she gained a genuine happiness from people's joy after seeing their fantastic results. Realizing her passion, she opened Rejuvimed Total Wellness where she combined her expertise in weight-loss and cosmetic laser surgery to offer her patients the benefit of the full package.
Dr. Cynthia's incessant appetite for training and education produced incredible results for stubborn acne scars and wrinkles that in a short 2 1/2 years of doing laser cosmetic procedures, Sciton made her a trainer for other doctors.
As the Valley's only 4D HiDef Liposculpting cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Cynthia trained under Dr. Alfredo Hoyos of Bogota, Colombia — the world’s most sought after trainer of the revolutionary body contouring procedure - the Tummy Tuck VASER 4D Sculpt. Dr. Hoyos has trained renowned plastic surgeons in the United States, teaching them the art of 4D HiDef Body Contouring with Tummy Tuck. The procedure, created and perfected by Dr. Hoyos himself, has led to dramatic transformations. More details
While Dr. Cynthia has trained with many top lipo-sculptors and tummy tuck experts, her training with Dr. Hoyos catapulted her skills to the highest level. Dr. Cynthia is now able to provide results beyond that of standard liposuction. Men and women who want to achieve the athletic definition they've always dreamed of in a way that is natural, safe and physically coveted is now available in our Rejuvimed facility.
* TRAINING, PRECEPTORSHIPS & CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION:
• The Art of Body Sculpting in VASER Tummy Tuck Course and Related Applications, Alfredo Hoyos, M.D., 9/28/2012, 9/29/2012, 9/30/2012
• Liposuction, Fat Grafting and Abdominoplasty Under Local Anesthesia, Marco Pelosi II, M.D. , 8/10 /2012 - 08/11/2012
• One-On-One Advanced ProLipo Plus Training , Marc J. Salzman, M.D 9/05/2015
• Advanced ProLipo Plus Preceptorship, Greenbrae, CA, Robert Aycock, M.D 3/2/2012
• Vaser Advanced Technology Workshop/Integrating Fat Transfer Fort Lauderdale, FL 2/25/2012
• Cellulite Revisited: An Anatomical and Clinical Study, CME Medscape 2/21/12
• Rejuvenation of the Lower Face, CME Medscape 2/10/12
• Rejuvenation of the Upper Face, CME Medscape 2/10/12
• Minimally Invasive Facial Rejuvenation: A Case-Based Discussion, CME Medscape 12/19/11
• Sciton Summit: Users' Meeting, San Francisco, CA November 12-13, 2011
• Unsafe Injection Practices: Outbreaks, Incidents, and Root Causes, CME Medscape 8/26/11
• Practical CME on Liposuction (One-on-One) with Gregory Zengo, M.D., Fresno, CA August 18, 2011
• Liposuction Didactic Training, Practical CME, perfect score of 100% on test, August 12, 2011
• Liposuction Observer Training, Jane Chung, M.D. Sunnyvale, CA, July 18, 2011
• Rosacea Management -- Tailoring Therapy to Address Patient Needs: An Expert Interview With Joseph F. Fowler, Jr., MD CME Medscape 7/1/11
• Liposuction Preceptorship (One-on-One) with Roger Hogue, M.D., Maple Grove, MN, June 21, 22 and 23, 2011
• Liposuction Observer Training, Vivek Bansal, M.D., Danville, CA, June 2, 2011
• Practical Approaches to Medical and Cosmetic Dermatology in Skin of Color Patients CME Medscape 5/14/11
• Understanding and Addressing the Pathophysiology of Inflammation in Rosacea CME Medscape 4/10/11
• Scientific Strategies for Combining Botulinum Neurotoxins With Soft-Tissue Fillers, CME Medscape 4/10/11
• The Science of Dermal Fillers, CME Medscape 4/10/11
• Neurotoxins: Advances in Clinical Applications, CME Medscape 4/10/11
• Containing the Superbug, CME Medscape 3/29/11
• Comprehensive Practical Laser and Light Source Training – Medical Laser Dynamics: Culver City, CA, 12/12/2009 – 12/13/2009
• Incorporating the Beaut"phi"cation Approach with Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers to Enhance Facial Beauty: University of South Florida 12/3/2009
• Sciton Summit – West '09 Regional User's Meeting Las Vegas, NV 11/21/2009 – 11/22/2009
• Beautiful Solutions: Aesthetic Technologies and Beyond with Syneron Technologies – Fresno, CA, John Shieh, M.D. 11/5/2009
• Advanced Laser Resurfacing - Greenbrae, CA, Robert Aycock, M.D. – 8/15/2009
• Sciton Summit – Midwest '09 Regional User's Meeting – Chicago, IL, 7/11/2009 – 7/12/2009
• Broadband Light and SkinTyte – Patrick Bitter, Jr. M.D. – Los Gatos, CA – 3/27/2009
• Sciton International Seminar – San Francisco, CA, 3/9/2009
• Certificate of Proficiency for the Sciton Profile Aesthetic System: Fresno, CA 1/21/2009
• FotoFacial BBL Advanced Certification Workshop – Beverly Hills, CA, Patrick Bitter Jr. M.D. and Stephen Mulholland, M.D. – 1/17/2009
• Syneron's Elōs™ Technology – Fresno, CA, Tess Mauricio, M.D., 11/13/2008
• Cutera's Aesthetic Technology – Fresno, CA, 10/30/2008
• The Art of Microdermabrasion by the Bella Products Inc. – 09/21/2008
• Attaining Ageless Beauty: Advanced Approaches to Semi-Permanent Fillers: Sacramento, CA 5/22/2008
• Get to the Point: Basic and Advanced Needle-Based Workshop – Las Vegas, NV, Stephen Mulholland, M.D. 3/30/2008
• Comprehensive Training Workshop Utilizing the Cynosure Laser Systems (Smartlipo Laser Body Sculpting Workstation, Affirm Antiaging Workstation, Apogee Elite) – Las Vegas, NV, Stephen Mulholland, M.D. 3/28/2008 – 3/30/2008
• Radiesse Dermal Filler Injection Training– Fresno, CA, 10/22/2007
• Comprehensive Hands-On Training Using Cynosure's Apogee Elite Laser System – Fresno, CA 8/28/2007
• Comprehensive Training Workshop Utilizing Cynosure Laser Systems – Fresno, CA 6/9/2007