How to look younger & fresher
Have you recently looked in the mirror and noticed that your face has aged significantly? It’s important to remember that these changes didn’t occur overnight; rather, they developed and worsened over many years. Many of us are too busy to notice these changes until one day, we suddenly realize that our reflection appears older. The good news is that it’s never too late to take action. Here are several techniques you can utilize to reset or reverse the signs of aging. I’ve organized them from the simplest and most cost-effective options to more involved treatments that may require downtime:
- Sun protection is not only the most cost-effective but also the ultimate and timeless method for preventing aging. This entails applying sunscreen every 2 hours while outdoors, coupled with employing physical measures like wearing sun hats (available at https://www.coolibar.com/women/womens-sun-hats.html) and, for even better protection, utilizing sun umbrellas (accessible at https://www.solbari.com/products/women-compact-sun-umbrella? variant=40752051716207&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1rqkBhCTARIsAAHz7K1duoYd8rg42xzsUmsywyzymhwoeUELa2GQb8BpQsTKWqCj1l1jIxQaAlUIEALw_wcB). By adopting these practices early on in life, you can save significant amounts of money and time that would otherwise be spent on anti-aging treatments.
- Engaging in a daily walking routine of at least 10,000 steps not only enhances blood circulation throughout your entire body but also provides nourishment to specific areas such as your face, neck, and chest. By walking, you promote internal nourishment to these regions, resulting in improved blood flow and overall well-being.
- If you consult with your doctor regarding skin concerns, they may recommend the use of two prescription medications: Tretinoin and Hydroquinone. Tretinoin is 20 times more potent than the retinol you can find in drugstore products, so it is only available with a prescription. It comes in different strengths ranging from 0.01% to 0.1% in the form of a topical lotion, cream or gel. It is also known by the brand names Retin-A or Kinerase. Prescription tretinoin works to boost cell renewal and turnover and replaces older skin with newer skin. It helps minimize skin surface issues like fine lines, discoloration, age spots and rough patches. Unlike over-the-counter anti-aging products, tretinoin has anti-aging ingredients that go deep beneath the outer portion of the skin to the epidermis. It boosts the production of new collagen in around six months, resulting in smoother, younger-looking skin. Tretinoin also has an exfoliating effect that can help improve the skin’s texture and tone.
On the other hand, Hydroquinone is specifically beneficial for addressing age spots and blemishes. It is known for its skin-lightening properties, which can effectively reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone caused by factors like sun damage, hormonal changes, or acne scars. Hydroquinone targets the excess melanin production in specific areas, gradually lightening dark spots and creating a more even complexion.
When prescribed and used under the guidance of a healthcare professional, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone can be valuable tools in achieving smoother, clearer, and more youthful-looking skin. However, it is essential to follow your doctor’s instructions, as these medications may have specific usage guidelines and potential side effects that should be taken into consideration.
- Broad Based Light (BBL) therapy is a highly effective method for restoring health and vitality to sun-damaged skin. Extensive research conducted at Stanford University has provided compelling evidence of the remarkable benefits of regular BBL treatments. Notably, these studies have shown that BBL can significantly improve skin texture, reduce the appearance of age spots, and even induce genetic changes that revert the skin back to a more youthful state. By utilizing advanced light technology, BBL targets and treats various skin concerns caused by sun exposure and aging. The procedure involves the application of intense pulses of light to the skin, which penetrate the outer layers and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin—the building blocks of healthy skin. This leads to enhanced skin texture, reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, reduction in browns and reds and a brighter more even complexion.
What sets BBL apart is its ability to impact the skin on a genetic level. The Stanford studies have revealed that regular BBL treatments can modify gene expression in the skin, activating genes associated with youthful characteristics and reversing some of the genetic changes that occur with age and sun damage. This exciting finding suggests that BBL not only provides immediate aesthetic improvements but also promotes long-term skin rejuvenation. Regular sessions, spaced monthly, then three months, can lead to cumulative benefits and help maintain the rejuvenated appearance of the skin.
In conclusion, the application of Broad Based Light (BBL) therapy has demonstrated its ability to transform sun-damaged skin by improving texture, reducing age spots, and even influencing genetic expression to revert the skin to a more youthful state. This non-invasive treatment option offers a promising solution for individuals seeking to restore the health and vibrancy of their skin affected by sun exposure and the natural aging process.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3547222/
- Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that involves creating micro-injuries in the skin to stimulate the body’s natural healing response. These micro-injuries trigger the production of collagen and elastin, which are crucial for maintaining skin firmness and elasticity. Additionally, the procedure creates micro-channels in the skin, enhancing the absorption of platelet-rich plasma, exosomes, topical serums or growth factors applied immediately after microneedling.
Dr. Lopez has tried various microneedling devices and found that the FDA-cleared Collagen P.I.N.® is the most effective. This device utilizes a 36-needle cartridge and offers unmatched speed and power, delivering a highly efficient treatment in a single session. Dr. Lopez particularly recommends microneedling combined with Botox for smoothing forehead wrinkles, as it can yield significant results. It is also beneficial for improving Grade 1 to 2 acne scars.
Microneedling treatments typically last around 30 minutes, and patients often notice positive changes in their skin as early as 1-2 weeks after the initial session. To address common concerns related to acne scars and forehead wrinkles, a series of 4-6 treatments spaced 3-4 weeks apart is usually recommended.
The recovery period after microneedling varies from person to person, but most individuals experience mild redness and skin sensitivity for a day or two. In many cases, makeu can be safely worn the day after treatment, allowing for minimal downtime. https://inductiontherapies.com/collagen-pin-treatment/
- Glacial® Rx is the first and only CryoAesthetics™ treatment that uses precision cooling to fight inflammation and reset better skin from within. World-recognized scientific founders figured out a way to harness the biological relationship between cold and skin and reshape the way we treat skin conditions with controlled temperatures.
Today, Glacial® Rx is the first and only treatment that uses precision cooling to reduce inflammation and to increase skin brightness from inside out. Glacial® Rx uses Cryomodulation™ – a novel process using controlled cooling to target skin inflammation, skin discoloration, and thermal injury from other treatments. It works by:
- Downregulating inflammation: It decreases pro-inflammatory mediatros and increases anti-inflammatory mediators to calm inflamed skin.
- Accelerating exfoliation: It removes dead skin and stimulates the production of new, healthy skin cells.
- Normalizing melanin: brown and gray patches lighten up by normalizing pigment distribution in the skin.
- Reducing thermal injury: precision-cooling calms inflammation, redness and pain from other treatments, like laser and heat-based treatments.
“What’s different with cryomodulation is the level of control you can exert. It turns out, a few degrees makes a big difference in what happens.”
R. Rox Anderson, M.D., Scientific Founder
- Dermal Fillers. As we age, our skin goes through changes that can result in a loss of facial volume and contour. This means that the fullness and plumpness we associate with youth gradually diminishes, leading to depressions and hollow areas on the face. These changes can make a person look older than their actual age. Dermal fillers are a cosmetic treatment option that can help address this issue. They are injectable substances, typically made of hyaluronic acid or other biocompatible materials, that can be used to restore lost facial volume. By carefully injecting these fillers into specific areas of the face, such as the cheeks or lips, it is possible to replenish the volume and restore a more youthful appearance. This can help reduce the visibility of contour depressions and give the face a fuller, smoother look.
PDO (Polydioxanone) Thread Lifting. In addition to volume loss, aging can also lead to skin laxity, meaning the skin becomes less firm and elastic. To address this concern, some people opt for a treatment called PDO (Polydioxanone) Thread Lifting. PDO threads are medical-grade threads that are inserted beneath the skin to provide a lifting effect. These threads stimulate collagen production and promote skin tightening.
By combining dermal fillers to restore volume and PDO thread lifting to lift and tighten the skin, individuals can achieve even better results in rejuvenating their appearance. The fillers help to plump up areas that have lost volume, while the threads provide a lifting effect, improving both contour and skin laxity concerns.
- Microfat and Nanofat Grafting are advanced techniques in fat transfer procedures that utilize the patient’s own fat as a natural alternative to dermal fillers. These techniques have gained popularity in recent years due to their longevity and ability to provide a more natural result.
The procedure begins by extracting fat from a donor area of the patient’s body, typically through a gentle liposuction process. The fat is carefully harvested to ensure the viability of the fat cells. Once the fat is obtained, it undergoes a process called serial emulsification. This involves breaking down the harvested fat into extremely fine particles called microfat – which can be injected into specific areas of the face and body just like dermal fillers.
Microfat is further emulsified into nanofat – which contain stem cells. Now, stem cells have the remarkable ability to develop into different types of cells such as blood vessels, fibroblasts and skin – crucial in the body’s natural healing and regenerative processes, contributing to tissue repair and replenishment of damaged cells.
In summary, compared to dermal fillers, microfat and nanofat grafting offer several advantages. Firstly, they use the patient’s own fat, reducing the risk of allergic reactions or adverse reactions associated with synthetic fillers. Secondly, the longevity of the results is often superior to that of dermal fillers, as the newly generated collagen provides long-term structural support. Additionally, the procedure can achieve a more natural look and feel, as the injected fat is a natural component of the patient’s own body.
- Technologies such as CO2 laser resurfacing or Renuvion, which combines radiofrequency energy and helium plasma, are very effective in producing dramatic results. These treatments involve removing layers of damaged skin, effectively creating a fresh canvas for new skin to develop. In fact, some individuals may experience results so remarkable that they can appear up to 10 years younger just three months after undergoing such treatments.
- The process of aging affects our skin in various ways, and no single treatment can address all the different aspects. To effectively combat these different signs of aging, a combination treatment approach is recommended. This approach involves utilizing various techniques and technologies to address each aspect individually, creating a holistic and comprehensive rejuvenation plan.
For example, for expression wrinkles, treatments like Botox or other neuromodulators can be used to relax the facial muscles responsible for forming those wrinkles, reducing their appearance. To address volume loss and laxity, dermal fillers or fat grafting procedures can be utilized to restore lost volume and provide a more youthful fullness to the face. Additionally, procedures like PDO thread lifting can be employed to lift and tighten sagging skin. Sun damage wrinkles can be addressed by chemical peels and resurfacing lasers. Skin sensitivities, whether mild or extreme, need to be treated from the inside out and that is where Glacial® Rx fits in.
Sign Up For Our Specials
Sign Up For Newsletter and Specials.